Photographer of the Year 2012
C O M P E T I T I O N R U L E S
1. The Photographer of the Year competition will be held on 21 May 2012, and is open to all current, paid-up members Mallow Camera Club.
2. The competition consists two levels – Advanced and Non-Advanced.
3. Images may be entered in the following three categories
a) Black & White (Monochrome) Print b) Colour Print
c) Digital Projected Image
4. Each club member may enter up to 15 (fifteen) images. There is no entry fee.
5. Images may be in one category or a mixture of categories.
6. Images may be any subject matter.
7. Images used in previous Photographer of the Year competitions may not be entered.
Images used in club competitions since September 2011 may be entered.
8. Images may originate on film or digital media, and must be the original work of the member (third party/commercial printing of images is allowable).
9. Prints may be mounted or unmounted, and must include the author’s name on the back.
10. Maximum print size, including mount, is 400 mm X 500 mm (16” X 20”). Minimum print size is 125 mm X 175 mm (5” X 7”).
11. Entries will not be taken on the night. Entries must be with the Acting Competition Secretary, Neilly Curtin on or before Monday 14 May 2012.
12. Digital images (for projection) must be in JPG, or TIFF, format and be with the Acting Competition Secretary, on or before Monday 14 May 2012 to facilitate preparation for projection on the night. Images must be written to a suitable digital media – CD, Compact Flash Card, Memory Stick, or USB device. Please include your name with the images.
13. Judges (maximum three) will be appointed from an adjoining club and will be required to judge and mark each image individually on the night.
14. Each judge will award marks out of ten (10) for each image. The total aggregate marks for each image will be noted by the Competition Secretary.
15. The member with the highest aggregate marks for their best five images will be deemed Photographer of the Year 2012 or Non-Advanced Photographer of the Year 2012
16. In the event of a tie after aggregating the marks for the best five images, the next highest marked image (image six) will determine the result. If there is still a tie the next highest image will be checked, and so on, until a result is achieved.
17. If the marks allocated to the Non-Advanced Photographer of the Year 2012 exceed the marks allocated to the highest Advanced member, the Non-Advanced member will also be awarded the title Mallow Camera Club Photographer of the Year 2012.
18. The Black & White Print Photographer of the Year Trophy will be awarded to the photographer with the highest aggregate marks for her/his best three Monochrome prints. In the event of a tie, the next highest marked mono print (image four) will determine the result. If there is still a tie the next highest mono print will be checked, and so on, until a result is achieved.
19. Entry to the competition is deemed to be acceptance of these rules. Any issues that arise on the night concerning the running of the competition, or the interpretation of these rules,
20. An image cannot duplicated. Only one version of an image is allowed .
TagsBob Underhill camera club Charity Ciaran White Lorraine Gilligan Mallow Exhibition Club Chairman club competitions Colin Thompson Competition Cork corkphotowalk Dundalk Photographic Society events Gabriel O'Shaughnessy Galleries gallery GIMP IPF Ireland irishblogs John Hooton links Mallow Mallow Camera Camera club Mallow Camera club Mallow Club Mallow News MORGAN O'NEILL News Niall Mellon Photo competition Photographer Of The Year Photography Photography Competition photography links Photos photowalk post-processing rss skphoto South Africa The Lough Tony Worobiec West Cork worldwide photowalk youtube
- About Us & Contact / Location
- Aisling O’Connor
- Barry Linehan
- Bill Power
- Brian Horgan
- Brid Coakley
- Colman Culhane
- Darragh Mulcahy
- David Lavery
- David Nelson
- Donncha O Caoimh
- FIAP Clubs’ World Cup Entry 2007
- Jer Buckley
- John Doheny
- John Flynn
- John Hogan
- Karen Fleming
- Margaret McAuliffe
- Mark Heffernan
- Morgan O’Neill
- Neil Curtin
- Paki O Donoghue
- Pat Sheehan
- Sean Murphy
- Terry Conroy
- Tim Geary
- Tom Fitzgerald, LIPF
- Viv Buckley
- Photographer Of TheYear 2012 Rules
- Programme for January to May 2013
- Upload photos / Login